Friday, October 12, 2012

Ride for Honduras

On Dec 8th I will attempting a 100 mile bike ride here in Paradise to raise money for the hospital in Honduras. The doctors have secured the building and remodeled the facility. They are currently practicing medicine in the new facility.

The owner of the land agreed to give them one year interest free on a loan for the building. Starting in January the doctors will be charged interest on what is not raised. To date we have only raised $21,000 and all of that was raised while I still served in Seminole, TX.

I need pledges per mile for this ride to take place, weather permitting, Dec 8th, 2012. I need every penny, nickel, dime, and dollar per mile I can get. I have never ridden over 50 miles before but this is all I can think of how to raise more money. I need you to get the word out for me as well. If you help me I think we can knock a huge dent in the remainder of the $130,000 needed to pay the facility off free and clear.

Here is what I am asking you to do. First, I am asking you to pray. Pray about your involvement in this project. Ask the Lord if you are supposed to give to help move this mountain of debt. You might not be able to give a great deal but all God wants is your availability and your obedience. He may not call all of you to give. Second, pray for my strength to complete the ride. I am in training now but have a long way to go and not very long to prepare.

Your tax deductible donations can be sent to:
No Compromise Ministries
Ride for Honduras
P.O. Box 308
Paradise, TX 76073

No comments:

Post a Comment