Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Keep Your Eyes on the Prize

Where is your gaze? What is the focal point of your eyes? It should be on the finish line of Heaven looking to Jesus. I am not saying we should not seek to live the abundant life on life's journey in the here and now. I just know that life down here is filled with pain, confusion, heartache, disappointments as well as joy, triumph, healing, direction, and hope.

It is easy to get sidetracked by gazing at the pain. Many have stood by the freshly dug grave of a loved one still brokenhearted not wanting to go on in life without them. Others have forced themselves out of bed to deal with life's disappointments. There are some who will themselves to work and take care of daily responsibilities. If these are things you focus on it will only serve to drag you down to defeat.

Our eyes must continually look heavenward. No matter how hard it gets down here there is a finish line. There is a day when we the redeemed will step out of the sorrows, the heartaches, the pain, the trials, and adversity of this life as we step into life everlasting in eternity. As the winds of adversity blow against you know that they won't blow forever. One day the mortal will put on immorality and the corruptible put on the incorruptible.

Once again while riding my bike earlier this morning I had to climb up hill into a headwind to finish the ride. I kept my eyes trained toward the top of the last hill. I knew when I reached the top of that hill it would be down hill riding the rest of the way to the driveway. Life is hill we have to climb. Death for the child of God is the down hill ride into eternity. I press on up the hill looking to the finish line where everything after will be like one eternal downhill ride.

As you turn your gaze heavenward, be reminded all we have to do is get through this day. We do not concern ourselves with tomorrow. God will give us sufficient strength tomorrow for tomorrow's battles. Let's set our gaze on Jesus in order to get through this day. One day at a time.

I am looking to Jesus who not only authored the faith but also perfected it with joy though He had to embrace the cross. [Heb 12:2-3] None of our trials can match that. If I keep my eyes on Jesus first and foremost everything else falls into place. He is the prize my eyes are on. I keep pedaling through life seeking Him, longing for Him, being inspired by Him, and receiving strength from Him.

Today my eyes are on Jesus. My eyes are on the prize. I pedal against the wind and find peace, hope, and joy in the Lord. I hope you are able to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment