Monday, February 20, 2012

Monday Evening

I started the day with a blog about starting another day on Monday morning. I just returned home a few minutes ago after a full and exciting day after 9:30 p.m.. I thought I would end the day with a quick blog on how Monday turned out.

When I went to eat breakfast at the Finish Line Cafe I ran into a man who attends our church but has not been in awhile. Only God could have orchestrated our being there at the same time without any other patrons for the last thirty minutes. We struck up a conversation about fatherhood, church, and of course one of our favorite topics which is sports. He left before I did and bought my breakfast. What a blessing. It truly was a divine appointment.

Later I had lunch with Brenda. We eat lunch together almost every day. She is my best friend. These lunches are a blessing for us. It is like going on a date everyday. We talk about everything under the sun on these lunch dates. I am blessed to get enjoy that time with her.

Later in the afternoon another man from our church called me to go get some ice cream his treat. We had no agenda. Just a couple of brothers in the Lord hanging out. He got a milk shake and I had a drumstick ice cream cone.

Later in the day I got to spend time with some teenage boys teaching baseball. We talked about the fundamentals of hitting and fielding. Two of those boys were mine. I was extremely proud of the job they did this afternoon even though neither had played baseball in a couple of years. I had to leave early in order to go to a meeting to support a friend.

While at the meeting I had the opportunity to talk to some of the most influential people in our community. It was a good day to talk about the Lord and to connect with people from all walks of life. I love this community and the people in it. In the big scheme of life I am just a little pawn but I have purpose. I am the pastor of Faith Community Church. I have the privilege of investing my gifts, talents, love, and time with the people of this community.

The highlight of the day had to be a text I received from a man who recently trusted Jesus as his Savior telling me he is in for the baptism celebration we are having on March 4th. PRAISE THE LORD. Monday turned out to be a great day. As I type this I am sitting in the living room with Brenda as she folds some laundry. Rocky IV is on the television and I am getting to write. Monday surpassed my expectations. I already anticipate what the Lord will do on Tuesday. I

No comments:

Post a Comment