Saturday, October 30, 2010

Making the Devil Mad

Satan plunders, deceives, steals, kills, and destroys millions. He is a powerful adversary who has declared war on God and all that God stands for. His opposition to Christians is relentless and his schemes to bring about his wicked plans are ingenious.

I preached from [I Pet 5:8-9] yesterday on getting a war like mentality. The scripture is written, “ Be sober minded, be watchful. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world.”

He is a hellish fiend. He tricks, blinds, deceives, tempts, accuses, condemns, and destroys the masses. I hate him and what he does. I have seen many fallen, some destroyed, and several in my family killed because he won the day. I did not simply preach a message. I preached a sounding alarm to wake up and to resist the evil one. That means to stand fast and not be movable. This is done primarily through prayer, the scriptures, and evangelism.

In college several of my friends and I used to call out across campus when we saw each other, “Are you making the devil mad?” The sad truth is many times I have done just the opposite. I have committed sin, rebelled against the Lord, or served God with half-hearted effort and affection. Yesterday God hit the devil right between the eyes. He used the worship, the baby dedications, the preaching, and drew two young girls to salvation who were sisters.

We held a baby dedication for four newborns. Later in the service two of the older sisters of one of those babies trusted Christ for salvation. What a glorious day to make the devil mad. I rejoiced to see the triumphant Christ deliver a knockout blow. Will you trust Christ to keep making the devil mad? When he is mad I rejoice. His days are numbered and his defeat is eminent.

No comments:

Post a Comment