Monday, January 23, 2017

An Open Letter To Kermit

Dear Citizens of Kermit,

I have never spent an entire day in your community. I have never spent an entire night among you. I been there less than two dozen times. Yet  I have been  there numerous times though in my prayers over the past three years.

In that time my burden for your community has grown. My love for your town has not only begun but blossomed over these past several years.I cannot say I even know a dozen people by name in Kermit. I have never met another pastor from your town.

I have driven up and down your streets. I have sat in one of your parks praying. I have visited you weekly in my prayers for the past three years.

Here is what I am convinced. God loves Kermit. He also has Kermit on his heart and mind. I believe God will soon visit your town in a very special way this year.  I've been praying for that specifically. I know many of you have been praying the same thing for a long time. Pastors have prayed and labored faithfully. God has heard those prayers. He has not forgotten them. I trust the answer will come soon.

My encouragement is for you to keep praying. I would like to encourage the local churches to consider beginning a Community Prayer Room ministry if one does not currently exist. This is a simple prayer ministry where on Thursdays from 11:00a.m.-1:00 p.m. a different local church would open their facilities for a come and go prayer meeting. The only need would be to provide prayer request cards and to pass on the prayer requests to the next church hosting the meeting. In addition a local church is needed to open the doors of your facilities for people to come and pray on their lunch hours. Hopefully this will resonate with someone reading this from Kermit and you will put this into motion.

I am trying to solicit much prayer for your community. Soon I will be passing on a business card that reads, "Pray For Kermit. Acts 4:31]." I hope to get these into the hands of people both inside and outside of Kermit. please pray for Kermit, GTX.

I am convinced days of refreshing will come to Kermit. Prayer is the key. I pledge to keep praying  for you myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment