Thursday, July 7, 2016

Be Careful Where You Walk and With Whom You Walk

Our feet can lead us to places that do not honor God. We can keep company with people who will lead us astray. It happens everyday all over the world. It happens to the intelligent, slow learners, the popular, the forgotten, the saved as well as the unsaved.

As a child there were places my mother forbid me to go. One such place was the local bowling alley. My other knew people of low morales and lower character hung out there. Yet the urge to go check it out proved irresistible. I disobeyed riding my bike to the place. I walked in that dark bowling alley filled with curiosity. On the surface it all seemed perfectly fine. Below the surface things happened there my mother knew would destroy me. Drinking. Drugs. Immorality of all sorts. When she discovered I disobeyed her I had to face some negative consequences.

Where are you walking these days? Where are you frequenting? Who accompanies you? What influence are those people having on you spiritually and morally?

Psalm 1:1 (NASB)
1
 How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, Nor stand in the path of sinners, Nor sit in the seat of scoffers! 1 Corinthians 15:33 (NASB) 
33  Do not be deceived: "Bad company corrupts good morals."

 There is no getting around this truth. Who you spend time and where you go will impact your life to go toward God or away from Him. For example, spend your life with like minded people of faith, studying scripture, worshipping, and serving and you will most likely grow closer to God. Spend your time with people who rebel against God and go to places of darkness to do evil things there and you will most likely join in. 

So I shout with a megaphone, "BE CAREFUL WHERE YOU WALK AND WITH WHOM YOU WALK."

No comments:

Post a Comment