Monday, July 13, 2015

Lord, Help The Suffering

Lord,

I come to You today with a heavy heart for the many people suffering. I lift up the grieving mother saying goodbye to her son today who died way too soon. I lift up other grieving parents with swollen eyes and broken hearts trying to put their lives back together after the death of their children. You see their grief. You see their broken hearts. You see the hole in their souls. Only You can help these through this dark valley of the shadow of death.

I lift up those who are about to lose to their mind. The pain is too intense. The frustrations mount daily as well as the anxiety and there does not appear a way of escape. I ask You to help them hold on for another day. I ask You to intervene and give them both relief and peace. That is not hard for You.

I lift up those weighed down with the cares of this world. I lift up those who have been pummeled by life and they have no more strength. Jesus, You are their strength. I ask You to renew them today.

I lift up those so discouraged they cannot even find another prayer to pray. They are out of words and the best they can manage is tears. Thank You for being able to interpret those tears. I ask You to step into their lives and reveal Yourself in a fresh way.

Many are battling cancer. They have fears and concerns. Their loved ones are also concerned. Cancer is not so big a mountain that You cannot move it. I ask You by the simple act of Your will to rebuke cancer and give healing. I ask You to cast out every cell of cancer in the bodies of those suffering and desperate for a miracle. I thank You that You are still in the miracle business.

I lift up those suffering silently in abuse and nobody knows. I ask You to be their refuge and Deliverer. I ask You to heal their wounds and emotional trauma. I ask You to protect them and set them free.

I lift up those who feel like giving up. O, Lord,please put perseverance in them. I ask You to encourage them with visible proof that You have not forgotten them and that You are at work.

Finally, I lift up those drowning in a sea of financial crisis. I lift up those who see no way out of their dilemma. You are a mighty Provider. I ask You to rescue those in need. You know the needs. You have unlimited resources to meet all their needs and I ask You to do that in Jesus name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Matt, I am wondering if you are the author of "Behold the Faithfulness of God?"

    ReplyDelete