Sunday, July 12, 2015

War

Do you love people enough to fight for them? I am not referring to fighting physically. I am talking about going to war in prayer on behalf of people you love. I am talking about doing true battle in intercession for family and friends.

There is a type of warring that means carrying deep burdens, feeling the pain of other's suffering, and entering into their sorrows through fervent praying. There is a warring wet with tears, sleepless nights, agonizing groans, and persevering persistence to never give up.

Parents do this for children. Spouses do this for their soul mates. Friends do this for friends. Pastors do this for their flocks. Prophets do this for nations.

Do you love people enough to war for them. In Genesis 18 Abraham loved his nephew, Lot, enough to intercede asking God to spare the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah to spare his nephew. The angels sent to destroy the city told Lot in Genesis 19 they could not destroy the city until he and his family left.

Do we love people enough to war for them on our knees. This is the highest form of battle. Prayer closets and bedrooms become war rooms and fields of battle as parents fight for the spiritual well being of their families. Prayer rooms are battle fields in churches where the well being of local communities are fought for.

In small obscure places around the world and with people you have never heard of or have never seen, war is daily taking place. I thank God for some women who West Texas who continue to pray for me. I thank God for a pastor's wife who saw me as a troubled teen and warred for me. I thank God for my great uncle who warred for me in towns hours away from where I lived. I thank God for the many people who have prayed for me over the years. The battles have been intense. The spiritual attacks have been relentless. Those who have warred for me have not wearied in the fight.

Now it is an honor when God burdens me to go to war for people. There are many I fight for daily. I feel their rebellion, suffering, burdens, sorrows, temptations, failures and trials. I love them and I because of that love I war for them. Keep fighting for those you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment