Monday, April 27, 2015

The Long Journey Back

Since December I have not written anything other than a few hand written letters and sermons.

I've not had a computer for the past five months. In time I learned to live without that luxury and to a life without writing. In recent days I began to get inquiries as to what happened to my writing blogs. It seems some people missed reading them.

Like so many times  in my life God intervened. My great friend, Eric Adcock, bought a new computer and passed his old one on to me Thus, here I am again seated at the keyboard to post my thoughts and messages God inspires.

Over the past several months being disconnected was troubling in the beginning. I missed having access to email. I missed being able to surf the internet for sermon studies. In time I learned to adjust to the new reality. I went back to studying using hard back books and turning pages the old fashioned way. I hand wrote out every message. In time I seldom even thought about not having a computer.

Some of the world's greatest preachers and authors did not have a computer or even a typewriter. Yet they produced volumes of writings and sermons with magnificent depth handwriting both. If they could be so productive without the help of computers then I have no excuse.

I am way behind not having posted one blog for the entire 2015 year but that changes tonight as I rededicate myself to ministering to the flock of God at large though these writings. Your prayers for inspiration would be greatly appreciated.  I'm back and ready to redeem the time.

Thank you Eric for making this ministry possible. Thank you Tami for your expertise in getting me back on line. Thank you Lord for this opportunity. God I ask you to help me redeem the time and make the most of this gift you have entrusted to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment