Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Fully Convinced

What are you fully convinced of today? Are you convinced that your burdens are too heavy? Are your mountains too big? Is your disease too severe? Is your financial situation too far gone? Are you convinced your heart is too broken? Are you convinced in light of your circumstances that your faith is shattered beyond repair.

I read these verses this morning, He did not waver in unbelief at God's promise, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God., because he was full yconvinced that what He had promised He was able to perform. [Rom 4:20-21]

I am shamed to admit this. I have spent much of the past few years battling unbelief. Some days my faith would soar on wings like an eagle believing God for the impossible. There have been many other days when my faith crashed and burned in an unbelieving heap of doubt and self pity. I have faced crisis after crisis and often lost hope. I became convinced our house in west Texas would never sell  when we first moved back to Paradise. Nights spent in an R?V and the house of a church member fully convinced me God had forgotten us. . God did not forget about our house for sale. It did sell after two years. I became convinced we would never have our own home again. I am writing this now in my home office. God did allow us to purchase a home again we have enjoyed for the past two years. I became convinced we would never be able find a way to pay for Taylor to get a truck. God made provision. I became convinced we could never afford Taylor to go to college. He is about to finish his first year at Howard Payne University. God has met Taylor's every need. I became convinced Faith Community Church would implode. God has sustained us for nearly four years. I have become convinced that we were going to financially sink and yet over and over again during the past few years God has sent us over $62,000 from individuals from Seminole, TX at just the right times for car repairs, home repairs, school shopping, Christmas and even Valentines dates. I became convinced I would lose my eye sight but I am seeing better now than I have in several years. Glory to God for all of these things and so much more.

God is doing a reviving work in my heart especially as it relates to faith. I am fully convinced that God is the original promise keeper. I am fully convinced that4 what God purposes He does. I am fully convinced that God arranges the circumstances of our lives in such a way that He can step in and get the most glory. I am fully convinced that delays in answering prayer does not always mean "no" but often are a trial teaching us to persevere and to press through with tenacity.

I am fully convinced God is in control. I am fully convinced that nothing is impossible with God. I am also convinced that God plants audaciously big dreams in the hearts of  His people that are impossible to accomplish without God's intervention. I am convinced that Satan opposes these dreams and loves to get believers to lose heart and give up. I am also fully convinced that God has defeated Satan and loves to glorify His own name when God does the impossible.

I am convinced God wants to do more in us and through us than we can imagine. [Eph 3:20] I am convinced that salvation is secure through Jesus Christ, holiness of life is possible through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, and there will never be a need so large God cannot provide for it.

I am fully convinced this day that God has earned the right in all our lives to be rusted and considered trustworthy. Today I am fully convinced.

No comments:

Post a Comment