Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Setbacks

I had lofty plans as a child and grandiose dreams,
Some dreams have come unstitched at the seams,
There were plans to go and play college football,
Some dreams were realized - others were stalled,
There were dreams to preach and also to write,
Some dreams opened while other doors shut tight,
There have been bumps and bruises on this track,
More than once dreams halted by various setbacks,
Setbacks have stood in the way to achieving the goal,
Some small - others large testing the limits of my soul,
At times the dreams seemed way beyond my grasp,
They did not come when I sought, knocked, or asked,
Yet the setbacks never kept me down and losing heart,
Each day I've prayed and trusted God for a fresh start,
All these years later I still dream and have my plans,
Trusting God through the setbacks for His helping hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment