Monday, December 16, 2013

God Knows Your Address

Several weeks ago a storm came through the community of Runaway Bay, where we live, causing some hale damage to our roof. We contacted our fantastic insurance agent and secured a roofer. When we got our estimate we knew we were going to have to trust God for about $900, so we began praying like we have hundreds of other times in our family. 

The roofer completed the job and we waited on our insurance company to send the payment. We prayed all through this time. When the insurance check came in I contacted the roofer to pay our bill still knowing we were $900 short. My family had prayed. I knew we had trusted God because we did not live in fear or worry. The $900 was a legitimate need and we did not have the money. We believed the money would come in. 

The day came to pay the contractor and I waited in the back yard praying. We were still short but I asked God to intervene. The guy never showed and I praised God believing His provision would come the next day. 

The next day came and still there was no provision in our P.O. Box or at the mailbox at our home. In absolute humiliation I had to tell the guy when he showed up, "I am short on the full amount. I promise I will have you paid off by the end of the month." He was gracious but I felt terrible. 

So, for one solid week our family continued to pray. One week to the day I could not pay the man, I sat in my office still in need and still pleading with God to help us. [Ps 50:15] A man came to see me. We visited about sundry things and then without saying a word he reached in his pocket and pulled out his check book. He started writing a check. I figured it would be for the church. 

I never mentioned my need to that man during the course of our conversation. When he left I looked down on the desk and the check was made out in my name and guess for how much? Yep. Exactly $900! How did that man know? Only God could have prompted him to give so generously and sacrificially to meet our need exactly. 

Needless to say, I praise God I got to pay the roofer off last week. God came through like He always does. We had a legitimate need. Not a want but a need. When I paid the roofer what I could the first time I emptied every penny in my savings account and even with the insurance check still needed $900. That is exactly what God provided. 

I share this testimony first, to give glory to God. He still hears and answers prayer. Second I know this time of year many people are stressed about money. The stresses of Christmas tradition can outweigh the true joy of the season. I share this testimony to remind all of you God provides and God comes through. Not with what we always want. His promise is to give us what we need. [Matt 6:19-33]

In my mind I wish I could have paid the roofer in full the first time. God desired to test my faith. He desired to stretch me to see if I would keep trusting when it looked like He forgot our need. He never forgets. 

So, wherever you are today reading this, let me remind you God knows your name and certainly knows your need. He also knows your address. He is perfectly able to get any provision you need right to you in His perfect timing. [Eph 3:20] Do you believe this? I have seen it hundreds of times in my family's lives. Go ahead and trust Him even when it looks beyond hope. Time would fail me to tell other testimonies. Those of you who truly know me have heard many of those stories. 

I cannot say I like being in financial need but I can say I LOVE SHARING THESE TESTIMONIES TO ENCOURAGE OTHERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment