Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Made Righteous


I am a sinner. I am often disobedient to the commands of God. I am often cold or worse indifferent to the things of God. On my own effort I would have never and could never have become acceptable to God. My sin got in the way.

O but then enter Jesus who died for sin taking the punishment for all mankind. In exchanged He offers forgiveness, salvation, and His righteousness. What a glorious exchange. It is not a fair exchange by any means. Jesus received what He did not deserve on the cross and I received forgiveness that I never deserved.

No truth in the whole Bible humbles me more and yet causes such rejoicing in my heart as the truth of II Cor 5:21."He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him."

I am not righteous because I preach. I am not righteous because I go to church, read my Bible, pray, and give money away. I am declared righteous because of Jesus Christ and the great exchanged He made on the cross. Why would I not love Him? Why would I not want to serve Him no matter how difficult the path? Why would I ever entertain any other life than following Him in full surrender?

I see now why Paul wrote what He did in [Gal 6:14]. "But as for me, I will never boast about anything except the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment