Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Another Step of Faith

With much prayer and meditation Brenda and I took another step of faith this past weekend. We signed a contract to purchase a house. More than any single house we have ever lived in or looked at to purchase in the twenty years of our marriage, this house has all we have ever asked God for. For me that means one thing in particular. An office.

I have prayed for years that one day God would bless me with an office in our home so I could have a place to pray, read, write, and study. God has led us to such a house. We crunched all the numbers, negotiated the selling price, got our approval from the lender, but in the end we had three sticking points. The closing costs were more than we anticipated. We have to put up a fence for Annabelle. We need to construct one wall to complete a fourth bedroom. We wrestled in prayer and looked at the house a second time. It felt like home. We also waited on God and in the end He led us to step out in trust for those things we need. So we did what we have done countless times as a family. We took another step of faith. We  felt God nudging us to trust Him and we stepped out in total dependence on Him to come through.

I am thoroughly convinced this will not be our last step of faith. [II Cor 5:7] [Heb 11:6] both assure me that the normal life for a follower of Jesus will necessitate many faith steps. I expect to be taking additional faith steps until God calls me to my eternal home. Even that transition from finite life to everlasting life will be a faith step.

We could sure use your prayers over the next thirty days. God knows all about it and we trust Him to build another testimony for His glory. We have sought to be obedient and pray that when the Lord comes through it serves as encouragement for countless others to lean on God in their situations.

After two full years I had just about given up on the dream of owning a home here. It was only as I learned to be content in my present situation that God began to move to sell our house in Seminole and to give us His guidance in the quest for a home here.

There will be other steps of faith for my family, for Faith Community Church, and for you as well. We will always have the opportunity to trust God for something. It is in taking obedient faith steps that we get the chance to see the miraculous working of God. That is where I want to live and serve. I want to live and serve in the land of the miraculous and not in the land of miracle famine.

Where do you live today? Can you point to regular interventions of God as you step and have stepped out in trust? Are you residing in a land of miracle famine? No matter what God asks, no matter how impossible it seems, no matter how foolish obedience may appear in the eyes of others, I pray all of us are willing to take another faith step as long as we live.

No comments:

Post a Comment