Monday, August 1, 2011

Pressing On

I have reached the one-week mark without Brenda and the kids. I have left them many times before but always had a definite day I could look forward to knowing we would be reunited. That is not the case at this point except to know they will be here one way or the other before school starts.

I have the necessities covered. The RV I am staying in has a mini fridge, a dining area I use as my desk, a queen size bed, a little sofa and a frigid a/c at night. I have it better than millions of people on this planet. I am not the only one who misses their family for the call of duty. We have hundreds of thousands of soldiers who are overseas away from their families for months and even years at a time. They keep pressing on. I will keep pressing on.

Faith Community Church will meet for our first Sunday in the morning. I do not know what to expect. Some think we will outgrow the daycare on the first Sunday. I don’t know about that. It will be different. We do not have any music. That is different. In time I trust God will bring someone to do that. For now, our focus is prayer, getting in the word, and reaching out to those who are lost and without a church.

I do not have an office. I use this table or the Bridgeport Public Library. I have it better than many pastors around the world who do not even have access to one book. I brought three boxes of books with me and left thousands of other books behind in Seminole to be delivered at a later date. I still press on.

I have press on in prayer that our house would sell and God would lead us to a house here. I have heard of a few rent houses but most of them are way small for my family. I press on in the scriptures licking up hope like a dog lapping water on a hot day. I press on in writing blogs and started writing a new book this week titled I Will Follow You. I press on in evangelism sharing the gospel though none have trusted Christ for salvation at this point.

I press on in faith knowing this is just a season. What excites me is the truth that people who have not been to church in a long while have joined us. More will follow. I press on to build the kingdom. There are more souls to be won. I press on to see people transformed by the power of Jesus.

Taylor starts football in two days. He has worked hard and pressed on in summer workouts. I pray God would honor that hard work so he can realize his dreams. His friend Jarret is like a brother to Taylor. They do everything together and especially push each other in working out. Taylor turned sixteen on Thursday. He told me this made the fifth year in a row he has not been with all his family on his birthday. I took him out to eat at Pasado’s. He said the fajitas there were the best he has ever eaten. We bought his football cleats finding a great deal on some Nikes and got them for $21. I am glad at least he is here with me.

We continue to press on. The cause is great and our mission is clear. I press on in labor for the Lord. I continue to fight for the heart of the King. I press on in spite of set backs and trials. I press on in faith every day believing God will move to reunite my family quickly. Until then I continue to press on.

“I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.” [Phil 3:14]

No comments:

Post a Comment