Monday, July 11, 2011

A Call to Action

Someone quipped years ago the pen is mightier than the sword. Writing is a passion for this scribbler. At times I go through dry seasons but for the most part I always have something to write about. I do not write for money. Money does not motivate me. I write as a messenger of the Lord.
I am humbled that since beginning this blog back in 2008 we have had over 21,000 hits. That is amazing. From time to time I hear from people who read this blog from other states. In many ways I feel like a cyber pastor feeding the flock with the truths the Lord inspires.
My motivation in writing today is to call you to action. It is one thing to read a blog, devotion, or book and forget the truth as you move on about your day. I pray this is not the case today. I pray this blog sticks in your gut and you cannot shake it.
First, let’s look at some scripture. We all affirm these truths but I am asking for more than just affirming the truth. I am calling you to act on these truths. "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." [Matt 6:19-21] "But whoever has the world’s goods and beholds his brother in need and closes his heart against him, how does the love of God abide in him? Little children let us not love with word or with tongue but in deed and truth." [I Jn 3:17-18]
I could jot down many others with the same truth. God has blessed us to be a blessing to others. I feel like a lone voice. In Honduras we are trying to raise money to build a hospital where the doctors will treat the Chorti Indians. The Chorti are an extremely poor people. They make an average of $600 a year per family. We spend way more than that just to go on vacation or to purchase a Christmas gift. You may not feel like you are rich but I assure you compared to the Chorti people you are!
I have written about the need to raise money to build this hospital. Initially the costs for the hospital rose to $384,000. I questioned God why He would call me to be the person to believe Him for this and raise the money. I did not have the resources or the connections to raise that money nor do I today. In fact as we follow God to start a church I have less leverage to raise the money needed for this hospital. I have prayed. I have written. I have travelled and cast vision for this project where the Lord opened the doors. To date we have raised a little over $17,000.
I kept praying asking God to move this mountain. God moved. The doctors found some different land with three existing buildings for only $152,000. The owner is willing to owner finance the land. This is a huge development. Now the call to action. We need $50,000 down to secure the deal and additional $102,000 to own the property and buildings outright. If I had the money I would give it today. I do not. I have nothing in savings. No Compromise Ministries has the money we have raised for the hospital. Then it dawned on me. Using this blog to call you to action might be the answer. So I prayed and started writing this morning.
You have visited this blog on numerous occasions. I trust the Lord has used some of them or you would not keep coming back. This time I am asking to act. Instead of just reading about a need I am asking you to stop and ask God how He can use you. Over the last six months I have seen widows give $25 as an offering and I knew it was a great sacrifice. I have seen single mothers working two jobs to make it reach down deep and offer $1,000. One farmer gave $10,000. They acted.
These doctors cannot raise the money on their own. God called me to get involved and by faith I met with them and assured them God would provide the money. If all of us did something this mountain could be moved. If we went to our Sunday school classes or small groups and challenged them to give. If we reached as deep as those widows and that single mother and gave I know this mountain could be moved. If we denied ourselves a few luxuries that will fade with time we be used of God to do something that would really make a difference. I will beat this drum and sound this anthem until I have no more energy or breath until God brings this to pass.
I do not know why God chose me. Maybe it is because He knew I would act. He also knew He would get all the glory because I am not connected with the rich and famous. I labor among you the common folk who work hard for a living and struggle to make ends meet. I also know that each of us can give. We can offer the Lord more than we have previously. I know God can spark ideas in your heart how to see this done. Children, teenagers, singles, and adults of all ages can be used. It is time to do more than just read but to act.
All alone few of us could make a dent in this need. Together we could see God give birth to a miracle that would impact eternity. So I am calling you to action. I am calling you to prayerfully seek the Lord about a gift. I am asking you to go further by sitting down and writing a check to No Compromise Ministries for this hospital. For some $20 would be a sacrifice. Others can give more. All I am asking you to do is to take action and honor the Lord by giving the Chorti people a hospital where they can be treated and where medical missions teams will minister for years to come to physical needs and where the gospel will be presented.
By faith I believe this mountain is going to move. For the glory of God alone I say to this $152,000 mountain be moved and cast into the sea. Our mailing address is P.O. Box 722 Seminole, TX 79360. I assure you every penny you give will be used to build this hospital. I do not receive a salary from this ministry and we do not have administrative costs. We work with volunteers.
God has shown the need. Will you act on what God is calling you to do? [II Cor 9:6-7] "Now this I say, he who sows sparingly shall also reap sparingly and he who sows bountifully shall also reap bountifully. Let each one do just as he has purposed in his heart; not grudgingly or under compulsion; for God loves a cheerful giver."

No comments:

Post a Comment