Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Gate Four

I’m sitting in gate four at the Midland International Airport. This might as well be a portal into another dimension. I’m headed to East Texas to spend a few days in my prayer cabin. I have two main agendas. I want to be renewed by the Lord before the busy activities of the summer hit in full stride. I also plan on working on a new book to be used in preparation for our upcoming revival entitled 40 Days to Shake the City. I do not have time to spare to complete this project in order to make it available to our church forty-days before August 1.

I do not know how many trips I have made to this prayer cabin. I know I meet with the Lord there in powerful ways. He speaks to me and I am able to give Him my undivided attention. I will be there for three and half days. I have much I hope to get done.

Sitting here in gate four I am filled with anticipation about all I will experience before I come home on Friday. I cannot wait for those long sustained times of prayer, for the hours I will have to write without interruption or distraction. I am excited about sitting before the Lord and His word and asking Him to speak clearly to me.

Many are praying for me. I have sought out over two dozen people who have committed to pray for me during the next ten weeks as I prepare to preach and lead our church in revival. This trip is a significant part of my preparation. I do not have time to spare or waste hence why I am using this time waiting for my flight to jot down a blog.

If you want to pray for me over these next days and weeks here are some specific things you can pray for me.

1. Pray for me to meet with God in powerful encounters through His word and fellowship in prayer.

2. Pray for me to hear from God clearly during these days of preparation.

3. Pray for inspiration and anointing to write the 40 Days to Shake the City devotional book.

4. Pray for my zeal for the Lord to increase accompanied with a burden like I have never known.

5. Pray that I will be sustained in my preparations to be used of God as an instrument of revival.

6. Plead with the Lord to come move in powerful ways to revive His church and community.

God has my heart. He has seized my attention. I feel like a man possessed with a vision from the Lord. The Shake the City Revival has consumed my thoughts, prayers, and mental energies. I cannot earn a revival by more effort. I most assuredly cannot manufacture one. I can submit and ask the Lord to intervene. My first steps are to be willing to leave Brenda and the boys, the flock God as entrusted to me, and my regular routines to go pursue God and get His heart for the revival. Farewell from gate four.

No comments:

Post a Comment