Thursday, October 15, 2009

Signing on the Dotted Line

We have to sign our life away on so many things. I could not believe the amount of paper work that had to be signed to open a new checking and savings account or to get a new post office box here in Seminole. Sign here and sign this. We are used to having to sign our names on the dotted line.

I signed my name on the dotted line of two other important documents. One I will tell you about now and the other a little later. After weeks of praying, seeking, and waiting on the Lord we finally signed a contract for a house here yesterday afternoon. God has moved and worked to bring this about. We trust that He will continue to work but it is official. We have signed a contract on a house and now await the details to be finalized for the closing date. I have and continue to pray for the Lord to be honored and to write His signature all over this deal. I continue to pray that He works in such a way no one can deny that He put the deal together.

I felt no stress or anxiety as I signed page after page. I felt a peace that surpasses all understanding. [Phil 4:7] I know we are walking in the will of the Lord. There has been a great deal of praying on our parts as well as in two churches; FBC back in Paradise and the FBC here in Seminole. We have not walked this road alone. We have walked it on our knees with brothers and sisters in Christ with whom our souls are knit together.

We will now continue the process of making Seminole our home. We will seek to put down deep roots and to get very involved in the community. We will love people from all walks of life and have people come into our home to build relationships and to do ministry. With each passing Sunday God is putting more and more of our hearts into this community. Signing our names on the dotted line is our faith attempt to begin a long term ministry here.

More importantly than that was the day I signed my name on the dotted line with a relationship with Jesus Christ. My name is written in the Lamb’s book of life. [Rev 20:12] He has made all the difference in my life. Having Jesus sign my name in the Lamb’s book of life has brought more contentment and more reward into my life than I could ever put into words. It is because of what He did for me in forgiving my sin and saving my soul that I was willing to sign my name on a contract for a home here in Seminole. I am His bond-servant. He owns me and signing that contract was just another step of faith in a life of many such faith adventures. He is worth all of it and more. He is worth leaving friends, family, a loving flock, and a bright future. He is worth moving to strong winds, wide open spaces, amazing sun sets, and a new flock. He is worth uprooting and starting over. He is worth leaving my comforts and securities and following His call no matter the personal cost or sacrifice involved. He is worth it all.

To Jesus I pledge allegiance by signing my name on the dotted line in service for Him. For better or worse we are Seminolians now. We are in this for the long haul. Our name has been signed on the dotted line. What about you? Have you signed on the dotted line with no turning back to be a fully devoted follower of Jesus Christ? Will you follow and trust and obey by signing your life on the dotted line for His glory. He is looking for those who will come to Him for salvation and for a life devoted to worship of Him and service for Him. Will you sign on the dotted line today?

No comments:

Post a Comment