Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Hitting the Ground Running

It is official, we are here. Seminole is more than where we live it is our home. We rolled into to town around 8:00 p.m. Sunday night and were welcomed by a house full of people. I cannot describe the connection we have already felt with the church and community in these few short weeks. It is supernatural. The church has welcomed us with open arms and have showered us with affection and blessings.

It was a little confusing trying to navigate all the Edwards boys to their respective schools. We walked into Turner’s school totally lost without a clue where we were going. With the help of administrators we found his class and then scurried off to get the three other boys to their campuses. When all of that was said and done Brenda and I sat down alone for the first time in weeks and enjoyed a quiet breakfast at a secluded table where we could talk.

After breakfast I went to the office where I unloaded a portion of my library, planned a fall outreach event, got up to speed on things here in the church and in the association, responded to a few emails, left to make three hospital visits and then tried navigating the sea of traffic for picking our boys up. We actually drove to the wrong campus and if Jase had not found Tucker stranded I am not sure when we would have found him. Tanner informed us it was embarrassing to be one of the last students picked up. We will try to do better.

I returned to the office where Tim Shirley set up my new email address as pastorfbcseminole@erfw.net . I finished a couple of other projects before going to the mission house. I arrived at 5:45 p.m. and two of the boys had football practices at 6:00 p.m. We made a mad dash out the door barely getting them there on time. I agreed to help coach Tucker’s team before all was said and done. We did not have time to cook as Brenda was just as busy as I was getting things settled for us here in Seminole. We opted to eat at Sonic (no complaining by the boys) and got them into bed around 9:00 p.m. after sitting down as a family to eat all at one time in one place for the first time in several days.

Today our start was smoother. I arrived at the office energetic and filled with faith at the prospects for the days ahead. I went with Jase to the Care Center and enjoyed meeting several people. I met Mr. Houchin and enjoyed our time together learning more about the television ministry. Brenda and I enjoyed having lunch with Jase and Tami. We feel a real connection with them already.

After lunch I have enjoyed a day sitting in the office responding to emails and doing one of my all time favorite things. For the first time in several days I found some time to write. So much is swirling in my head and filling my heart. I have spent a great deal of time seeking the Lord for direction about what to preach. I am settled on Sunday mornings but am still seeking the Lord for direction about Wednesday nights and Sunday nights. We have more football practices tonight and tomorrow I get to meet with the flock to break open the bread of life. I cannot wait.

The Edwards family has hit the ground running. We hope to get engrained in the very fabric of this church and community. My motor is revved up and I look forward to the days ahead. If you see a husband and wife in high gear with four boys in tow it might just be us hitting the ground running.

No comments:

Post a Comment