Friday, August 14, 2015

More

I want more! I am not satisfied! I know I have been blessed and have more than most people in this world but I am not content. I want more. I crave more. I desire more. I downright yearn for more and more.

What do I want more of? GOD! I want more of Him in daily devotions. I want more of Him in my daily walk. I want more of Him when I study. I want more of Him when I pray. I want more of Him when I read my Bible.  I want more of Him when preach. I want more of Him when I write. I want more of Him during altar calls. I want more of Him when I worship. I want more of Him when I read books. I want more of Him when I pray for people. I want more of Him in every single service I attend or lead. I want more of Him at Faith Community Church. I want more of Him in Paradise, TX, Seminole, TX, Lufkin, TX, and all points in between.

I want more of Him when I sleep and dream. I want more of Him in mundane matters of life. I want more of Him when I am lost in thought. I want more of Him to give revelation and fresh vision. I want more of Him when I mow my yard or help with the dishes. I want more of Him when I watch my boys play football. I want more of Him when I am at my office at the church or in my prayer closet at the house.

I'm not satisfied. There is more of Him to love, to know, to experience, to learn, to serve, to worship, to adore, to praise and exalt. There is more of Him for my life, for my family, for Faith Community Church, for other churches, for Paradise, TX and the whole nation as well as across the world.

Moses wanted more of God. [Ex 33:18] David hungered for more of God. [Ps 42:1-2] Paul counted knowing Christ as surpassing value in comparison to everything else. [Phil 3:8] Shall we be content with less? Shall we pull up to God in our devotions without a sense of wonder and deep longing for more encounters with Him. Shall we sleepily enter the house of worship and mindlessly go through the routines of worship without ever yearning to meet with Him and to adore Him? Shall we open our Bibles yawning in boredom when we can meet Him in the pages of scripture. NO and a thousand times no!

Lord, we want more of You. We are not satisfied with religious routines. We want to meet with You in our quiet times, in our daily lives, and in houses of worship all the days of our lives. May we never settle for lesser blessings. May we never be satisfied with anything less than more of You. We plead for You to fill up every deep longing of our souls. You alone satisfy our soul hunger pangs and the insatiable thirst of our hearts. Please, Lord, give us more of You. In Jesus name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment