Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Revival Prayer

O Sovereign Lord over every nation,

We plead for you to come and quicken us once again. We have become cold and apathetic in your church. Though we are often busy we are not revived nor effective at expanding your kingdom. Though we study much in your word it is often not applied, not lived out, and not authoritative in our lives. How I plead you would give us a fresh desire for Your word. Not just to read it. To live it. I confess we are hearers of Your word but not doers.

Please strengthen our absolute hatred for every form of sin in our lives, our families, and our churches. I plead with You to search us and try us to see if their be any wicked way in us. Any wicked behavior. Any wicked attitude. Any wicked thoughts. May the meditations of our hearts and minds and the confession of our lips prove honoring to You. Please empower to gain victory over sin and it's mastery over our lives.

I ask You to strengthen conviction in Your church. I pray You would send it with relentless prodding to uncover and uproot every form of evil in us. I ask You to cleanse Your church so we are a spotless bride awaiting You our groom to get us. I ask You to thwart the plans of the enemy to steal, kill, and destroy. I ask You to push back the darkness as we stand as Your light. You said we were to be light. I ask You to stir within Your people all over the nation and the world the desire to expose darkness. May we not cower in the shadows trying not to stick out and seeking to blend in with the culture. May our lives stand in stark contrast to a pagan society just as obvious as the difference between light and darkness.

I pray for power back in the pulpit. I know this will come when Your preachers get on their knees and we give ourselves wholly to prayer. We can preach about prayer. We can study prayer. We teach about it and attend seminars about prayer. We can read extensively on the subject of prayer but what You want us to do is to PRAY! I pray for the echos of prayer to fill the halls of church buildings once again like they did in the Second Great Awakening. I pray You give us the desire to pray more than to eat and more than to sleep. I ask You to wake us anytime of the night to seek You in fervent prayer. I pray for courageous preachers to stand once again behind the pulpit and call their congregations to hold Solemn Assemblies of repentance. I ask You to usher intense conviction. I ask You to break the power of sin strangling Your church from effectiveness.

I ask You to rekindle desire in Your people to worship, to seek You, and to hunger for Your presence as they have never hungered for anything before. You are what we need. You alone satisfy parched hearts and thirsty souls. Please stir in us an insatiable hunger for more of You.

May we grow discontent with mediocre stale, cold, and dead religion. Please send the fire in our souls and let us blaze for You. Please blow across the ashes of our lives and let the embers glow again. Holy Spirit please fan those embers into a flame and may the flame spread from one heart to another.

May we never become distracted by seeking the effects of revival more than we seek You before revival. You are our greatest need. We need to love You, desire You, hunger for You, seek You, and want to fall more in love with You. You alone bring revival. I ask You to do it not because I prayed it, not even because we need it, but because it will bring more glory to Your name and more people into a saving relationship with You. In Jesus name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment