Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Cleansing

We need a Holy Ghost cleansing in the church today. For far too long we have hid our heads in the sands of our culture in attempt to be more relevant and cutting edge we have lost all concept of holiness. A holy God demands holy lives from His followers.

How many people do you worship with you know are truly set apart and consecrated to God? I bet that will be a pretty short list for most. It ought not be this way. People in the church have lost their appetite for prayer, scripture meditation and application, evangelism, for living lives of purity, and living in full consecration to God for His service.

We need an old fashioned Solemn Assembly where people repent of private sins and the church repents of corporate sins. We need a Holy Ghost cleansing. As long as sin clogs the channel between us and God our power and passion for service will be clogged. We need cleansing so power can flow through our lives and the lives of the church once again.

I start with me and my house. I have repented of sin much over the past several days. I have called my boys into account for the way they are living their lives to see if they take holiness seriously and honoring God as their highest priority. If repentance begins with me it should flow to others. God bring cleansing to our churches and land once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment