Friday, November 12, 2010

Fellowship In Christ

I just finished enjoying fellowship in my Lord Jesus. We met just moments ago in my office. I asked Him to fill this office in the same way He filled the tent of meeting for Moses. [Ex 33:7-11] I conversed with the Lord on the deepest level I knew how.

I expressed love. I yearned for rest in Him. I pleaded for mountains to be moved and miracles to be done. The time proved to be so sweet I chose not to attend two other meetings I had planned on attending earlier in the day. One of those meetings included a prayer meeting. I could not tear myself away from the Lord’s refreshing presence to go to another prayer meeting for the approval of men when I was already meeting with Him in my secret place.

I lost track of time. Minutes passed without my being aware. My heart burned as the Lord listened to my prayers and petitions. Joy unspeakable filled my soul. Peace washed over my mind and soul. My mountains began to melt in the light of His presence no longer casting a menacing shadow over my heart. Contentment engulfed me. I do not know how to convey the sacredness and the sweetness of the fellowship I enjoyed in Christ.

He has met with me in many soul satisfying ways in recent days. Though the vision He continues to open before my eyes is larger than I have ever dreamed, He also reassures me that He will bring those things to pass and I do not have to strive after them. I am learning more and more to cease striving in my labors as I rely more on God. He is faithful. It is His very nature.

Every time I have opened the scriptures lately it is as if the Lord has directly penned a personal message for me. I am working my way through the book of Exodus and time and time again He continues to speak to me. Though not audible, His voice is very clear. His call on my life is undeniable. Reading the Bible is delight and not a drudgery. I cannot wait to see what He will say next.

Resting in the love of God brings solace. Soaking in the joy of His presence and enjoying His fellowship have been my pleasures today. As the Lord continues to teach me about abiding and not striving in His presence, [John 15:1-8] has taken on added significance. Christ is my life. He bears the fruit through me as a by-product of our relationship. I do not have to have to struggle and strive to bear this fruit on my effort. In fact, it is impossible to bear fruit that way.

This office has been transformed into a holy of holies as the living indwelling Christ met with me. I am sure He met with you also. Today did not feel rushed. Though I could have been in other places the Lord beckoned me to stay with Him and out of that rewarding fellowship I continue to minister. I continue to serve. I write.

My heart is refreshed with His living water. Though the schedule of my life is demanding I find my heart continues to drink from well of Jesus Christ and I am renewed for continued ministry. Since starting to write this I have been interrupted three different times from unexpected visits. The fragrance of Christ still lingers here though. I am still at peace and my soul is still at rest. The fellowship continues even as I type this sentence.

I no longer find myself writing out of obligation but out of the overflow of my heart. The titles for future posts keep coming, unlike times I have stared at a blank screen for hours having no anointing or inspiration to write.

The truth is today, I am writing simply because what God is allowing me to experience must come out. It has come out in my preaching and teaching as of late and must make it to the printed page as well. I hope and pray the Lord uses it to encourage and inspire you to fellowship with Christ. No more hurried devotions. No more struggling and straining to live this life. More abiding in Christ is the need of the hour. I hope you will find fellowship with your Lord as sweet as I have. May the fellowship continue as I pack my bags for another trip to Canada. I pray the fellowship with Christ will continue as I watch the Indians play football in the first round of the playoffs tonight with my oldest son on the team as a freshman. He is dressing out but not expected to play much.

I trust the fellowship will continue as I sit on airplanes tomorrow flying to Denver and then on to Saskatoon. May our fellowship be sustained in frigid temperatures far away from home. The fellowship in Christ will continue in my heart.

1 comment:

  1. I am blessed each time I visit your blog. God is doing something special in your life and I am thrilled to get to watch it, as we are seated with Him in the Heavenlies according Eph 2:6 (NIV) And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus.
    God Bless!
    Mary Mason
    www.safeplaceministries.org

    ReplyDelete