Friday, November 26, 2010

Come, Let Us Adore Him

It is hard to believe we have enjoyed Thanksgiving and now look forward to Christmas. What promises to be a happy season can also be the most difficult season for those who grieve the loss of loved ones. It can also be a difficult time for those who have faced set backs, financial crisis, and who have lost hope. The season of joy can often be a season of sorrow for those whose hearts are crushed with grief, despair, and loss of hope.

Today I urge you to turn your heart back to the manger and onto Heaven where our King sits triumphantly. This is the King who came as a babe, suffered crucifixion, arose victoriously, and rules sovereign in Heaven. It is to Him I would turn your attention to today. He alone is the one who can restore joy and hope to hearts that have been crushed.

In my prayer time this morning I kept thinking of the Christmas carol, O Come All Ye Faithful written back in the mid 1700’s by John Francis Wade. What I longed for in prayer this morning focused on adoring Him. I did not come with a long list of wants. I prayed for other people but I really yearned to worship Jesus. I focused on the beauty of His divine nature and the adoration flowed. Let me give you a few reasons why we should adore Him.

He is our Savior. He is our Redeemer. He is our hope. He is our joy. He is our wisdom. He is our Counselor. He is our King. He is our Lord. He is our Master. He is our strength. He is our provider. He is our intercessor. He is our victory. He is our peace. He is our life. He is our abundant life. He is our sustainer of life. He is our Bread of Life. He is our Light of the World. He is our Creator. He is our sacrificial lamb. He is our propitiation. He is our righteousness. He is our freedom. He is our deliverer. He is our help in times of trouble. He is our delight. He is our treasure. He is our light in the darkness. He is our shade in the heat. He is our guide. He is our comforter. He is our truth. He is our advocate with the Father. He is our defender. He is our protector. He is our purpose. For all of those and many more reasons He is to be adored.

I challenge you today and throughout this Christmas season to stop the hustle and bustle and make time to adore Him. Forego the parties and the endless activities for still moments of humble adoration directed toward our King. Praise the Lord for the babe in the manger but go further. Adore the triumphant King who redeemed us from our sin. Adore the Lord of Glory who is our KING.

During my time with the Lord I actually sang out loud O Come All Ye Faithful. In the privacy of my time with Him I sang out loud from my heart. There were no other worshippers present. There were no musicians. I brought nothing with me to Him except an adoring heart and I worshipped. I beheld the wonderful Savior and tarried with Him. As the hymn goes, “…Come and behold Him, born the King of angels. Word of the Father, now in flesh appearing! O come, let us adore Him. O come, let us adore Him. O come, let us adore Him, Christ the Lord.”

Will you come before Him to adore Him? Will you adore Him in your private devotions this Christmas season? Will you come to adore Him in corporate worship? Let us bring to our King the repeated gift of an adoring heart as we celebrate His birthday. O come with me people of God, and let us adore Christ the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment