Thursday, April 19, 2012

In Pursuit

I am in a glorious and magnificent pursuit,
Meditation and prayers my familiar route,
Running hard after Jesus Christ my King,
The pursuit of Him a many splendid thing,
The quest is to climb higher to God's summit,
Following the many others who have done it,
Not in pursuit of an experience or an emotion,
In pursuit of deeper love and a deeper devotion,
In pursuit of Christ - bringing more revelation,
Deepening my affections - higher in elevation,
In pursuit of a God who transforms whole towns,
Where the masses worship and bow face down,
In pursuit of the only One who satisfies my soul,
In pursuit of One who makes the broken whole,
In pursuit of a King, the Lamb, Lord of all Lords,
In pursuit of One worthy to be served and adored,
In pursuit of the Lion who rules from the throne,
In pursuit of the One worthy of pursuit all alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment