Saturday, September 26, 2009

Showers of Blessings

I know it has been awhile since I sat at this computer and let the creative juices flow. The truth is I did not spend a great deal of time in this office last week. It was a busy week of ministry which will be another blog. I spent even less time at this computer.

You know how life can get into a routine. You get up, shower, go to work, come home, follow the Indians, eat, fall asleep only to get up and repeat the whole routine. Life is kind of monotonous. We maintain the same routines and our walks with the Lord are habitual but we cannot say on every given day we have witnessed a miracle. Most days are normal days filled with mundane activities. We seek the Lord in prayer and scripture reading and get enough light on our path to help for the next few steps but seldom do we become eye witnesses to miracles.

God is still in the miracle business. This is not a day of miracle famine. When was the last time you beheld God doing a miracle? There are some who might honestly have never seen the Lord do an authentic miracle. I cannot say I am one of those. I have seen God do many supernatural things.

The greatest miracle I have ever seen is watching God save someone. I have seen Him do it with children (like Cameron and Kabrynna who made public professions of faith in the worship service yesterday morning). I have seen Him save teenagers, young adults, middle adults, and even senior adults, Hallelujah. Showers of blessings are falling on us here in Seminole. God is still in the shower soaking saving business and with Church in the Park just around the corner, He no doubt wants to save others.

I have seen the miracle of healing. People have been prayed for and God restored their health without any medical explanation. God can do that and still does that.

I have seen miracles of provision. Sometimes they came in the form of groceries, furniture, vehicles and at other times they have come in the monetary form. I have seen provision of $10 all the way up to $10,000 personally and saw one widow give over $70,000 to her church on one occasion. Praise the Lord. God continues to rain down blessings of provision on His people and His church.

God’s showers of blessings come in all shapes and sizes. Nothing is too difficult for Him. He is more than able to shower blessings on you. A few weeks ago as I left the office to head home it was starting to sprinkle just a little. By the time I turned into the drive way of the mission house a full fledged thunderstorm was hovering over head. I went through the house and sat under the cover over the back porch and did one of my favorite things. I just sat in my rustic rocking chair and watched it rain. I felt the vibrations of the ground beneath me with each boom of thunder. I watch the rain fall heavy at times and then eventually begin to taper off. I sat there in that rocking chair and worshipped the God who sends showers of blessings literally and other wise.

Today started off like any other normal day. I got up and woke the boys with, “Champs it is time to get up. Little champs it is time to get out of bed.” I cooked the four-Ts breakfast and then got dressed. Brenda and I left not long afterward to make a hospital visit in Lubbock and got back mid afternoon after eating lunch at Rosa’s Cafe. Everything was normal until I walked back into my office.

It was then that I beheld a miracle and an answer to many many prayers. I did not know that while I was busy preaching, pastoring, meeting, and praying, over the past several weeks God was sending a spiritual shower of blessing right into my office.

As I made my way to the sacred chair and sat down at the sacred desk, I noticed an envelope that read, “To the Edwards Family.” Intrigued I opened the envelope and stared in disbelief at the contents. Once again God showered me with His blessings. Inside the envelope was a check for $7,800 from the designated fund of FBC Seminole. We do not who gave it but it was and is God’s shower of blessings in answer to prayer. This is part of the prayer Brenda and I have been praying for about buying a house. We did not have down payment money but we have lived by faith and we both believe that God rewards those who walk by faith. [Heb 11:6] We asked the God who called us to leave FBC Paradise to make a way where seemed to be no way to provide for us to have a house here in Seminole. God is doing that! Praise His name!

Not only that, I was showered with the blessings of affirmation all day long Sunday about being the pastor at FBC Seminole from a loving flock about how the Lord is using the messages, and the blessing and watching God move in our services and in the lives of those watching by television. I was showered with blessings of having our meals bought for us multiple times over the past few weeks.

I am overwhelmed by a God who often showers us with blessings when we least expect it. I have prayed and will continue to pray until the Lord finalizes His miracle of the house He has appointed for the Edwards family. I will also celebrate and rejoice with you when we witness God shower His blessings on your life and on FBC Seminole.

When God showers me with blessings I have promised Him I will testify. I have made several phone calls already to brag on God and determined I would not leave the office until this miracle was posted for all to see. His showers of blessings are still falling. I hope you feel the rain drops where you are reading this. If not today, I’d keep my spiritual umbrella available.

No comments:

Post a Comment