Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Lessons From Psalm 119

Most people know that Psalm 119 is the longest chapter in the Bible. A lot of people know that the chapter has 176 verses in it. Most know the subject of the chapter is the cherishing and valuing of God's word. People have memorized many verses from this chapter.
Do you know what verse 176 says? It surprised me to read it today. In that verse the Psalmist confesses that he strayed from God like a lost sheep. It shocked me to read that after reading a whole chapter about how much he valued the law of God and thought it more valuable than gold or silver and sweeter than honey he still wandered away from God. He strayed, was seduced, and tempted away from God. As I backtracked I noticed how many times he prayed that God would revive him in the word. He even shed tears over the fact that he was not living up to the law of God.
I too have wandered away from God and stood in need of a personal revival. I too have sinned and not lived up to the law of God. I too have been broken over my sin to the point of tears. I am thankful that a loving Shepherd God continually seeks me diligently. God thank you for lessons from Psalm 119.

No comments:

Post a Comment