Thursday, June 25, 2009

Mission Trip

It is 3:25 a.m. and I am getting ready to leave for DFW airport in one hour to fly to Saskatoon, Saskatchewan where I will be on mission for the Lord for the next eight days along with twelve other people from our church. This will make my sixth mission trip to Canada. Why do I keep going? Why do others in our church have a passion to go to Africa and we have one who is spending his whole summer in Tokyo, Japan?
I dread leaving my family. My youngest son Turner prayed last night that he would not miss me too much while I am gone. It is never easy having to leave him behind along with his mother and brothers. I waited until close to 11:00 p.m. to pack my suitcase. It is never easy to make these trips. Why do I keep doing it? It is very simple. [Matt 28:19-20]. I am called to go into all the world to make disciples. At this season part of the fulfillment of that call is to keep going to Canada. In the future it very well might mean going to some other countries.
We are called to go. So I pack my suitcase and get my passport ready and I keep going. I never know what all will happen on these trips. I just keep going in faith and trust the Lord with the results. I urge you to keep going. Keep going to your friends. Keep going to your family. You don’t have to get on a plane to go on a mission trip. You can be on mission for God right where you live.
May we live to keep making the name of Jesus famous. May we live to keep being on mission for Him. May we always keep going wherever He calls. Here we are Lord, send us anywhere to do anything for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment